Our Membership Program
- The minimum age for the membership of the Association shall be 18 years.
- The membership of any member shall commence after the Secretary has received a duly filled and signed membership application form of the applicant accompanied by the payment of the applicable membership fee.
- Membership shall be only open to those who subscribe to the objectives of the Association as stipulated in Section 3 of this constitution.
- Membership shall only be open to residents of Calgary or other parts of Canada.
Categories of Membership
There shall be three categories of membership of the Association: Regular, Family and Associate memberships.
Tanzanian or a person of Tanzanian descent, 18 years of age and above, residing in Calgary or other parts of Canada will contribute $25.00 per year. This also includes International students.
Tanzanian or a person of Tanzanian descent, with his or her family (husband, wife and children), residing in Calgary or other parts of Canada will contribute $50.00 per year. This also includes International students with families.
Any person who does not meet the conditions of Regular or Family and has demonstrated a great level of friendship and support to the Tanzanian Community member or TCAC will pay $50 per year and have access to all members benefits.
- CASH paid to the Treasurer (Guni Bendera), who will then provide you with a receipt and add your name into the Members’ Registry.
- CHEQUE paid to the TANZANIAN COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION OF CALGARY (TCAC). If you use this method, you may need to inform the Treasurer either by call or text (1-780-707-6310) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately so that he can send you a receipt and add your name into the Registry.
- E-TRANSFER also is another possibility, you can send your contributions using email address “email@example.com“. The Treasurer will email you the receipt.
Member’s Registry and Financial Reporting:
- The report created by the system in the payment will then be combined with the Treasurers’ list from methods 1, 2 & 3 to create an overall “Active Contributing Members Registry” in quarterly basis.
- The Secretary, working together with the Treasurer, will be releasing a progressive financial report every quarter, highlighting the funds raised and the total number of active contributing members in each category without revealing their names or identities.